ABOUT SUNBEAM FOSTERING AGENCY
Sunbeam was established in 2000 by three Directors, now with combined social work experience amounting to over 90 years. The same founding directors remain at the heart of the company. Based in London, Sunbeam has successfully expanded to the Midlands (Sunbeam Midlands) and Home Counties (Pride Fostering Services). To date we have in excess of 450 foster carers available throughout the UK providing foster care to over 600 children. Sunbeam has secured several contracts and is the preferred provider for the majority of London and the surrounding areas Local Authorities. We have a dedicated staff team with extensive social work experience within the fostering sector throughout the organisation right up to the Directors.
Sunbeam Fostering Agency – Mission
Sunbeam’s key objective is to develop services in order that children and young people can develop and grow within the five key outcomes areas of “Every Child Matters”:
- Be healthy
- Stay safe
- Enjoy and achieve
- Make a positive contribution
- Achieve economic wellbeing
Vision – The core values of Sunbeam are:-
- Meet and exceed foster care regulations including national minimum standards.
- To provide high quality care and achieve positive outcomes for children and young people.
- Deliver strong support to our carers and enhance their skills through tailored training packages.
- Maintain a strong financial base to ensure care quality is never compromised and value is provided to Local Authorities.
- Recruit and invest in our staff team to provide support to our carers, children in care and to work with Local Authorities.
Why Local Authorities choose Sunbeam:
- Good geographical coverage
- A prompt, professional, committed service
- Specialist placements for enhanced needs
- Highly trained and well supported foster carers
- Excellent outcomes against key performance indicators
- Fast response to referrals with in depth and careful matching
- A wide range of diverse placements to meet the individual needs of looked after children
- Competitive fee rates whilst not impacting on our quality of care or service