Coronavirus (COVID-19) - support for foster carers
A GUIDE FOR FOSTER CARERS REGARDING CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
We hope you are all well and your family is safe with the ongoing COVID cases. It is good that the position with COVID continues to improve – however, we appreciate that challenges continue and the well-being of everyone remains our priority. As a Fostering Service supporting children, young persons and yourselves, we are monitoring official guidance from Public Health England and The Foreign Office.
Sunbeam Fostering Agency is following Government Advice relating to COVID-19 and ensuring best practice and support is adhered to. This is to ensure the welfare of everyone is prioritised and to provide the best possible support to children, foster carers, staff and all other related parties.
We thank our foster carers, children, staff and partners for their amazing response to managing effectively with COVID-19.
Specific measures and responses from the agency include (but are not limited to):
- Practice Guidance and Support Policy implemented and shared with foster carers
- Vaccination take up has been supported and promoted for all staff and foster carers
- Staff Guidance Policy implemented and shared with staff
- Other Guidance shared with external parties on working practices and support including panel members and Form F assessors
- COVID-19 Safety Plan implemented for all fostering households
- Regular lateral tests being taken for staff members and encouraged for foster carers (when visits or meetings are being held)
- Training and events are being held virtually
- Home visits are now happening face to face – unless there are COVID health concerns or other practical considerations
- Our offices are open and operational subject to safety measures for all staff and visitors
- Health measures are in place for each office, staff contact, meetings and visits
- Business continuity plan updated for COVID-19
- Working from home for staff implemented where possible
- Trackers implemented for foster carers, children and staff that are unwell to monitor progress
- Education workshops being held for children and young persons
The agency will continue to monitor Government Advice and respond accordingly.
If foster carers, children or other parties have any questions or concerns, please do contact us.
The above is a summary only and we have a full business continuity response to COVID-19 available.
Please click on the button below to see our different documents for our foster carers, children and young people.
If you have any questions, please call us on 020 8799 0930 or speak to your social worker.
Thank you for your on-going support.