Coronavirus (COVID-19) - support for foster carers
A GUIDE FOR FOSTER CARERS REGARDING CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
We hope you are all well and your family is safe with the ongoing COVID cases. It is good that the position with COVID continues to improve – however, we appreciate that challenges continue and the well-being of everyone remains our priority. As a Fostering Service supporting children, young persons and yourselves, we are monitoring official guidance from Public Health England and The Foreign Office.
Sunbeam Fostering continues to follow Government Advice relating to COVID-19 and ensuring that the best support and practice is provided.
Our key priority is to ensure the well-being and safety for all children, young persons, foster carers, staff and other third parties the agency works with.
Case levels across the agency are far lower and the impact of COVID-19 has significantly reduced. The agency is however remaining structured and focused on its management and support.
Ongoing measures and support include (but are not limited to):
- Testing is being undertaken where needed for any expected cases and periods of isolation for any positive cases are being followed
- Recording of all cases for management, safety and internal records
- Continued promotion of the booster take ups and vaccinations (if not already received)
- The agency has returned to face-to-face events, training and panel but is balancing these alongside continued virtual meet ups where these are best and preferred
- Checking for any COVID risks or cases before home visits and asking people to check before attending face to face meet ups or events
- Continued sharing of information and best advice with everyone
The agency has wider and extensive COVID management document. Please do ask us if you have any questions or would like any information. We wish everyone the continued best relating to COVID overall and their well-being.
If you have any questions, please call us on 020 8799 0930 or speak to your social worker.
Thank you for your on-going support.
Websites to get more information
Websites for children