Sunbeam Fostering has developed a broad range of training courses designed to support the learning development of your foster care workforce.
Fostering Training is an essential part of every carer’s ongoing development and is one of the most effective ways of ensuring continuous improvement.
These Fostering Training courses are intended for all foster carers and child care professionals. The following courses are linked to the Fostering Training, Support and Development Standards for Foster Care developed by Children’s Workforce Development Council, and are based on the Fostering Services Regulations and the National Minimum Standards for Fostering.
Areas covered by our training and specific courses:
- Safer Caring Including Preventing Allegations against the carers and adopters
- Promoting Positive Behaviour
- Attachment, Loss and Separation
- Understanding Difference and Diversity
- First Aid
- Working with children and Young People with Mental Health Issues, Special Needs including ADHD & Autism
- Working with children and Young People who have been abused
- Self-Harming and Sexualised Behaviour
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Educational Needs of Children and Young People
- Drugs and Alcohol Issues & Gang Culture
- Core Sexual Health
Sunbeam Fostering offers highly competitive rates of up to £650 per child per week in Barnet. Want to start fostering in Barnet? Just fill in the callback request or enquiry form and our fostering recruitment specialist will get in touch as soon as possible.
Are you passionate about making a difference for children and have time and energy to give to a child?
Start Fostering With Sunbeam
Get in touch with us