More LGBT couples urged to adopt or foster children
Day 4 of LGBT Adoption & Fostering Week
There is always an urgent need of foster carers, with currently as of 31st March 2017 there were 72,670 looked after children, an increase of 3% on 2016. Therefore, we are looking for foster carers from all walks of life. If you have a spare bedroom and a loving home, we would love to hear from you.
Foster Carers can be:
• Single, in a civil partnership, married or unmarried
• Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or heterosexual
• From any ethnic or religious background
• A homeowner or living in rented accommodation
• Working, unemployed or retired
Fostering a child can be an extremely beneficial and life changing both to a looked after child and to a foster carer. At Sunbeam we provide training and support groups with some of our experienced foster carers. We have a number of LGBT foster carers who will be able to provide you with their experience and give support you and give you guidance.