As the summer holidays are approaching, you may be thinking of what you can do with your children and teens through the long summer period. There are many great fun and free activities to keep them occupied.
In Greenwich there are great fun day out activities for all the family to enjoy. We know it can sometimes be hard thinking of things to do, so we thought we would give you a helping hand this summer.
– Family picnic – Take your family out to your local park, or somewhere you all enjoy relaxing and playing outdoors. Take a picnic with you and enjoy spending some quality time together. This is a great way to get outdoors this summer when the sun is shining. Greenwich park is a great place to go for that family picnic, it is suitable for all ages. It has almost 183 acres of land. The national park also holds a sanctuary for birds, foxes and deer’s! There is also a park for your children to go exploring.
– Cutty Sark Clipper Ship – Why not visit the Cutty Sark Clipper Ship, this is a fun day out for children and teenagers. Meet the crew, explore the ship and treat yourself to afternoon tea at their café.
– Make your own den, or tent – With the warm weather it is the perfect opportunity to do something a little bit different from the daily routines, if your gardens safe and secure why don’t you camp out and star gaze.
– Free pet workshops – Pets at home are offering a free workshop for kids this summer. For more information and to find your local store click here!
– Gardening – Gardening can be a fun activity for you and your child to get involved with, why not plant up some fruit and vegetables and watch them grow over the summer.
– Visit the library – Visit your local library, let your child pick out their favourite books, read them there or take them home and save them for those bedtime stories.
– Sutcliffe Park Sports Centre – Sutcliffe Park Sports Centre is just 3.8 miles from Greenwich. The sports centre offers some great indoor activities to keep the children occupied for a few hours. It is a great place for the whole family to get involved! One of the sports centres most popular activities is the indoor climbing wall, why not try it out?
– Get creative – Get the craft box out! Crafts can provide hours of fun, from paints, pens and fuzzy felt! Let their imaginations run wild!
– Start baking – Baking can be a fun way to get the family together, you could try making cakes then decorate them. Another great baking idea is pizzas; this could be a great option for lunch or dinner! Make them from scratch and add your own toppings!
– Go swimming – There are many local leisure centres in Greenwich such as ‘The Greenwich Centre’ which provide public swimming pools and other activities. Great for them hot sunny days!
These are just some of the activities you and your family could do this summer!