Today marks the annual World Social Worker Day. The day highlights ‘Promoting the Importance of Human Relationships’. World Social Work Day is the key day in the year that social workers stand together to celebrate the achievements.
As a foster carer you will have a dedicated Supervising Social Worker who will…
• Keep in frequent touch with you and your family with regular phone calls and visits.
• Arrange any additional support needed.
• Support you throughout your entire fostering journey, by attending meetings with you, writing reports and keeping records up to date.
• They will help to identify any relevant foster care training that you need to help you achieve and develop further.
• They will also keep careful records of the progress of children and young people placed with you.
At Sunbeam we offer 24-hour support, 365 days of the year. There will always be a dedicated team member for you to speak to who will be able to help you and support you further day or night.
Your Supervising Social Worker also works alongside the child or young person’s Social Worker. They will work together with you on matching a child who fits with your approval terms and also with your family. The child or young person’s social worker that is in your care will also keep in touch with them throughout their placement with you.
A role of a social worker can be one of the most rewarding jobs, providing the opportunity to help and support someone and helping to change their life for the better. According to the Guardian statistics levels, 1,411 professionals from a variety of social work roles when asked 84% said they were proud of their job, meanwhile 77% of people asked said they enjoyed their job and another 71% said they feel they are making a difference.
Thank you to our dedicated social workers.