Are you looking for some fun family activities to do this half term? Then we have got you covered!
With the sun beginning to shine and lockdown restrictions lifting its finally a chance for families to get out and plan some fun and safe activities. We have shared 10 top ideas that you and your children and young people could do this half term.
- Take a trip out to your local park or wildlife sanctuary – find out where your local park or wildlife sanctuary is, pack up a picnic of all your family favourites and enjoy being out in the fresh air!
- Baking! – Why not pick out some of your favourite cookies, brownies and cakes from the cookbook and have a mini bake off at home. This is something that all members of the family can get involved in.
- Make music – Playing or making music is one of the best ways to get rid of stress, its also great fun! You might not have access to musical instruments, but there are plenty of free apps that let you play around with music production, such as Garageband and Groovebox.
- Get gardening – Why not find a new passion for gardening and start planting some new flowers, fruit and veg for the upcoming spring and summer months.
- At home cinema day – Although the weather is beginning to change, in the evenings it stays lighter for longer and the sun is shining, we can still expect to see some of them grey, cold, and rainy days. So why not have an at home cinema day? Pick out the family favourites or find a film on Netflix or Disney+ and sit down with some popcorn and blankets for a family movie day.
- Board Games – Think of some of the old classic loved board games! They are always guaranteed to put a smile on everyone’s face! Some classic board games; Clue, Monopoly and Snakes and Ladders!
- Paint by numbers – There are plenty of free downloadable paint by numbers resources online for your children and young people to paint. This is a fun activity that the whole family can join in with, just pull out the arts and crafts box and start getting creative.
- Go Bowling – Although it’s been a while since anyone has been able to go out, why not take full advantage of the new lockdown restrictions and go out for a family bowling day!
- Make a mini sports day in the garden or inside the house – Why not put together some mini sports games such as the egg-and-spoon race and sack race?
- Make a bird feeder – What better spring craft is there than making a DIY bird feeder? Or pick a birdhouse up from your local store, paint and decorate it yourself! You can then watch the birds visit.
If you have any fun activities that families can get involved in, please share them with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org we would love to hear them!